A nurse is the one who takes care of everything from beginning till the end of the treatment. She is the only person who interact the most with the patient and visitors. A nurse is the main source of support for the doctor. She is the one who extends all the professional help during surgeries and treatments.
From giving tablets on time to handling all the chaos a patient and his/her family members can make, nurse handles it all. Here are the certain things that nurse wishes every patient to stop doing:
- Getting impatient during call delays: Nurses are trained to prioritize the calls received from various patients at the same time. If you have called the nurse and there is some delay, then do not get impatient or angry. It might be that there is some emergency with the other patient.
- Questions for doctors: Nurses are the people who interacts the most with the patients. Some patients ask numerous questions that are meant for the doctors. Do not expect nurses to answer all your questions. One must directly ask his/her doctor whatever he/she wants to know.
- Calling many visitors: One should never call too many visitors at once, especially when you are sharing room with the other patients. This can be annoying for both nurse and other patients and increases the work of nurses.
- Use the bell: It is suggested that you must use the call bell to take help from the nurse. Avoid leaving your bed or sitting on your own while waiting for the nurse. Ring the bell; it is meant to be a call for the nurses. This can put nurse in a problematic situation in case you get seriously injured.
- Squeezing specified information: Do not ask for privileged information about the patient if you do not have the code given by the hospital. Nurses cannot provide you with the information as per the rules.
- Invading their privacy with the patient: If you are a visitor in the hospital and asked to leave the room then does not get displeased. There are certain things that nurses like to take up in isolation such as cleaning patient, giving injections etc.
- Disturbing their work It is always advisable that you must never ask questions or talk to the nurses while getting treatment, pills or injections. This may confuse nurses and can lead to a blunder mistake.
- No attention to instructions: When you are being discharged, avoid talking on the phone. Pay your full attention to her instructions. You might miss essential details or precautions.patient
- Don’t keep a mum about your medical history: You must never hide your medical history. You must tell about all the medicines and treatments that you have been taking in the past.
- Refrain from asking favor: Do not ask for favors that your nurse is not allowed to provide. For example asking for junk food, going out in the night, calling friends to stay overnight with you etc.
If nurse is taking a good care of you, then don’t forget to be in the best of your behavior. Isn’t easy?