Nurses are the constant support system to the patients in any hospital. They act like the doctor’s right hand and take care of a patient 24 x 7 to help them heal faster. A nurse is someone who gets professional training in patient-care and trains under various doctors to gain practical experience. They are the ones to take the charge of a patient’s condition before a doctor visit. They are the best when it comes to giving first aid to a patient.
There are situations when a nurse acts promptly to save a patient’s life. Here are a few examples –
- First aid first: Nurses are the first people to come to help out a patient. They are present even before the doctor’s arrival and they thus take up the patient’s case, look for the details and start the first aid. This simple act can prove to be lifesaving. They evaluate the condition to brief the doctor, making it easier for the doctor to take charge.
- Nurses’ work round the clock: Nurses are right on duty and are quite easily accessible when a patient needs them. Whether it is night or day, you will find them stationed at every floor of the hospital and keeping a check on every patient throughout the day.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR): They are professionally trained to give CPR andget into action during emergency situations when a patient is choking or falls short of breath.
- Right decisions at the right time: The nurses often take important medical decisions that prove to save the patient’s life. They have the knowledge and experience to take such crucial decisions in the absence of a doctor. However, they have to think a lot before taking the decisions as a single mistake can turn out to be fatal for the patient.
- They act like physicians: There are several cases in which the nurse jumps in the shoes of a physician and the actions serve to be lifesaving because of the quick response. In such situations they act as doctors and provide the suitable care to the patients.
- Monitoring patient’s health in the ICU:. The nurse keeps a check on the patient’s condition in the ICU and sees to it that there are no fluctuations in their blood or sugar level. Any such event is duly reported to the doctor and proper medical attention is given to the patient. This attention makes them lifesavers.
Nurses are as experienced as the doctors. While doctors know about the diseases, nurses are well-aware of the professional medical care that a patient needs. This makes them a critical part of the medical teams around the world.
Nanavati Hospital in Mumbai is known for their exceptionally skilled medical staff members, who give highest prominence to quality care. Your treatment at Nanavati assures you best care coupled with love and warmth.