Cancer and its risks have been taking tolls on Indians and as statistics say, in between 2010 and 2012, cancer caused nearly 9, 30, 000 deaths in India only. Each year, 7 lakh new cancer cases are being documented in India every year, and this shows how intense the issues of cancer are slowly becoming across the country. Thanks to the advancements in medical technology in India which has made cancer curable, however, only in first two stages. With a basic awareness about the disease and with detailed information about cancer care, the deadly disorder can be prevented and cured. Here is everything you need to know about cancer and cancer care.
What Is Cancer?
Cancer is defined as a cluster of diseases which are characterized by unmanageable cell growth in the human body. It causes harms to the body when the abnormal cells uncontrollably split to create lumps or oodles of tissue, which medically are termed as tumors. As medically described, there are over 100 different types of cancer each of which is labeled by the kind of cell it affects.
What Are Most Common Types Of Cancer & What Are Their Symptoms?
- Breast cancer: A melanoma that takes place in the cells of the breasts and is mostly exclusive to women. Its symptoms include unusual swelling in the breast and bleeding from the nipple.
- Prostate cancer: cancer occurs in man’s prostate. Though it has no particular sign, people with prostate cancer may face difficulty with urination.
- Basal cell cancer: A kind of skin cancer that triggers in the basal cells of the body. Individuals with this type of cancer usually experience a flesh-coloured pimple or a mole which never go away. Other symptoms include the unusual growth of waxy and hard skin.
- Melanoma: It is the most serious and deadly kind of skin cancer, and its signs include an unusual growth in the existing mole.
- Colon cancer: cancer that takes place in the colon or rectum, stationed at the lower end of the digestive tract. Its symptoms include an uncertain change in bowel habits like constipation, diarrhea or tapering of the stool for a longer period.
- Lung cancer: This type of cancer starts in the lungs and is common to chain smokers and symptoms are chest pain, cough, and out of breath.
- Leukemia: This type of cancer causes blood-forming tissues and obstructs the ability of the body to fight off infection, and its symptoms are Fever or chilliness, prolonged tiredness, weakness and frequent severe infections.
- Lymphoma: cancer that turns up in the lymphatic system of the body and its signs are painless inflammation of the lymph nodes, fatigue, and weight loss.
What Are The Treatments Available For Cancer In India?
Gone are the days when cancer was believed to be incurable. The progression of medical technology has invented several more productive kinds of treatments that can cure cancer and some of them are:
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Targeted Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Hormone Therapy
- Meticulous Medicines
Looking for best hospitals in India for cancer treatment? Hiranandani Hospital is a leading super multi-speciality hospital that excels for its provisions of world-class cancer treatment and healthcare services across the world.