Osteo arthritis has been termed to be a medical condition, where diminishing cartilage affects the bone. This takes place when body is not in a position to develop new cartilage quickly for repairing the naturally broken down cartilage. As a result, the joint bones have insufficient cartilage for safeguarding them from friction, thereby causing severe pain. Some of the common causes for osteo arthritis are weight, genetics, joint injury and aging.
Some symptoms and signs of joint pain
Some of the common signs and symptoms of joint pain are as discussed below.
- Stiffness, swelling and pain: Development of inflammation is the common cause. Maladies is said to start as inflammation. This may cause pain, since the joint workings are stretched and may cause the knee to experience noticeable swelling. Pain suffered in the body clearly states that the issue is to be addressed immediately. Joint pain may take place due to friction of bones, inflammation or lack of cartilage type of cushioning material.
- Creaking and cracking: Healthy joints also may experience crunching and creaking noises. This can be normal reaction towards mild injury, general aging or normal knee functioning. But, if grinding noise is noticed all the time, then some other symptoms may manifest like weakness, pain or swelling.
- Reduced motion range and muscle weakness: The joint will not function properly, if there is experienced osteo arthritis attack. Notable loss is found in range of motion. The joint might not bend or extend fully. There can also be complete loss of usage. Besides the joint and cartilage, there might also be the affect on the muscles that cover the joint region, thus making them much weaker and creating more problems.
- Sleep issues: This is regarded to be a vital body healing mechanism. The person during sleep can escape pain while the body tries to address the issues arising from injury and inflammation. But in several cases, the pain can be extreme not allowing the person to sleep comfortably. This will only create hindrance for the body in fixing the issues. There can also be noticeably some serious side effects. Impaired thought, poor wellbeing sense can also be experienced. Osteo arthritis is found if the person is not able to sleep due to aching joint.
- Deformity: Joint injury even in the worst of the cases, can become extremely severe to such an extent that bone can be noticed to get disfigured. This according to the medical experts is stated to be a sign of untreated issues.
Those experiencing joint paint, which can be mild or severe should not neglect it or leave it alone, assuming it will subside within a short span of time. This is because, this pain may develop into osteo arthritis and cause the person to suffer for a long time. This can be prevented and immediate medical treatment can be taken only if the person is able to understand the signs and symptoms associated with it.