One of the common heart attack signs noticed among patients is severe pain in the chest. Often, it is mistaken as indigestion problem. Several common signs are to be understood to help differentiate this condition from the other medical issues. Immediate medical treatment is an absolute must.
Some uncommon cardiac arrest signs
- Not guessing it as acidity: People experiencing heart attack probably might assume it to be due to acidity, blaming it upon those fried edible items and junk foods devoured by them during lunch. They might be of the wrong opinion that taking an antacid will help them to clear ‘indigestion’. However within minutes, aggravated chest pain, stiff jaws, nausea and terrible cold can take place. Getting to know that it is actually a cardiac arrest may be a bit late. Chest pains also may emerge due to other health issues. Hence, it is always wise to visit the health care professional without any delay.
- Ceaseless burping: It is often misunderstood to be digestion or stomach problem. However, constant burping when walking may indicate angina or heart attack. Prior to getting heart attack, the blood is redistributed to the stomach and intestines, causing constant belching.
- Teeth and gum pain lasting for a long time: Heart attack can prove to be double painful for those experiencing gum or periodontal disease than those having healthy gums. The reason is because, bacteria causing gum disease may cause inflammation within the body, thus damaging the blood vessels. Moreover, pain in the heart will move up to jaw region. Hence, such issues should not be neglected.
- Poor sexual performance: Bed performance is likely to be affected if heart does not function properly. Erection can only be achieved if blood gets pumped into the man’s phallus. In case, blood circulation is noticed to be unsound, then maintaining erection can be difficult. It is based upon the clogged arteries that connection is noticed between poor sexual performance and heart disease. Development of plaque in arteries can reduce flow of blood to phallus, thus making erection a difficult task.
- Tiredness: Occasional tired feeling according to medical experts is fine. However, if the person experiences fatigue the entire day and his daily chore performance suffers, then he is to visit the cardiologist immediately. The blood pumping station of the body is the heart. In case, it does not function properly, then he can fight it by regularly climbing stairs, carrying groceries, brisk walk and not feel lethargic all the time.
- Excessive sweating: Skipping the heartbeat is actually heart attack. In case, the person sweats excessively, fluttering or palpitating in the chest, then irregular heartbeat is experienced. In medical terms, it is called ‘arrhythmias’.
- Chest pain after taking meal: On consuming food, supply of blood to the intestines increases for helping with the digestion process. Blood gets diverted to the intestines from the heart, thus causing pain in the chest. This is more so, if there are blocked arteries.
The above are some common signs noticed of cardiac arrest. Whatever be the type of symptoms, immediate medical attention is an absolute must.