Men have been notorious for not visiting their doctors on a regular basis. There are various research results highlighting men delaying doctors’ visits. While this phenomenon is prevalent across the globe, sadly, Indian men have also joined the leagues. The biggest threat looming around these days with respect to health is cancer. The deadly disease has rooted its death fangs deep into humanity. One way, we can defeat this monster of a disease is by not missing regular check-ups and detecting it at an early stage.
Cancer is one such mysterious disease that sometimes it catches on with your life without any intimation but sometimes it shows out signals which if recognized and diagnosed early, can help tackling cancer at an early stage.
A list of 6 deadly symptoms to look out for early signs of cancer:
- Skin changes: When an evident change of skin like change in shape, color of a mole or the change in its size occurs then it is a clear indication for skin cancer. Generally the expert advice is not to wait a minute longer to get a medical check-up once you come across this symptom. Other types of cancer also have skin change as a symptom like oral cancer or lumps underneath the skin if the case is breast cancer.
- Problems while urinating: Generally, problems pertaining to urinating start occurring after a specific age. Normally, men face urinary problems as they old. If the frequency of peeing is more than normal, making more frequent visits during nigh and etc. It’s best to check for prostate cancer.
- Testicles related changes: A change noticed in the testicular area of male reproductive organ can be in form of a lump, heaviness or some drastic change in the appearance should be immediately consulted with the doctor. Unlike prostate cancer, testicular ones can shoot up overnight. The doctor will do a detailed study of physical test, ultra sound of scrotum and blood tests.
- Bloody pee or stool: The most important thing is to find a cause for the problem, so the problem has a solution. Finding blood in stools or while peeing has to be checked by the doctor immediately as it might be the first symptom of bladder, kidney or colon cancer. Beware, even if the slightest amount of blood is found present in these things. The first thing to do would be to consult your doctor.
- Lymph nodes witnessing change: Some signs are so easy to ignore that it may just slip from your mind to get it checked. A lymph node which is swollen or an unexplained bean shaped gland showing up on your armpits can e a sign of something going terribly wrong in one’s body. It generally means something has hit your immune system hard. It can be a hidden cancer lingering around undetected. The first thing to do at the slightest of such signs is to fix an appointment with your doctor.
- Spots inside your mouth: People chewing tobacco or smoking them are prone to symptoms of oral cancer. The first sign is when white or red spots start to appear and does not heal for a longer period. The only way to move ahead is to urgently consulting a doctor who could run some few tests and treat it.
Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital, Mumbai– equipped to provide comprehensive cancer care and distinguishes itself with the most advanced radiation therapy equipment, state of the art bone marrow transplant (BMT) unit and a comprehensive Breast Clinic.
Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital– has been at the forefront of healthcare for 65 years. Today the 350 bed facility housing 55 speciality departments offers a plethora of services in practically every field of modern medicine and health care.