The brain is full of complexities and mysteries. Within these past few decades, these mysteries are appropriately being understood. Things like disease, injuries, and illness of the brain, and nervous system have an effect on the feelings, behaviors, and thoughts of a person! Any type of disorder of the brain and nervous system can alter the behavior as well as the cognitive function of a person.
Study of the relationship between brain and nervous system with behavior is termed Neuropsychology. It is a branch of medical science that studies the structure of the brain and its function. The branch of Neuropsychology includes services and care for Psychiatric, neurological and neurosurgical conditions.
This article is an attempt to make you understand what Neuropsychology is and about the dedicated professionals.
Get an idea about Neuropsychology
Neuropsychology is termed as a branch of clinical psychology that allows understanding of different components of the brain and how those can carry out their jobs.
Clinical Neuropsychology uses different methods of assessment for discovering the functions and dysfunctions which are utilized for evaluation, treatment and rehabilitate the patients individually with the suspected or the demonstrated neurological or any physiological problem.
Who are Neuropsychologists?
Neuropsychologists are the professionals working in the field of psychology. The professionals have special expertise within the field of applied science that configures out the relationship of brain-behaviour.
The Clinical Neuropsychologists utilize their expertise in assessment, diagnosis, and treatment as well as rehabilitation of the patients with complaining conditions of neurological, neurodevelopment, medical as well as psychiatric conditions along with other cognitive disorders.
The Neuropsychologists use neurological, psychological, cognitive and behavioral principles, tests and techniques for evaluating the strength and weakness of the patients as well as their relationship with functions of the abnormal and normal central nervous system.
Why should you consult Clinical Neuropsychologists?
The caretakers of the patients must remain highly alert and learn about the difference between clinical psychologists and school psychologists. School psychologists are not trained in the principles and techniques of Neuropsychology while the clinical psychologists receive proper training that enables them to understand different test findings.
- The Neuropsychologists can understand how the brain of the patient is functioning.
- From the tests evaluated by the professionals, they can understand the detailed anatomy of the brain, roll of the different brain areas and how these functions would impact on the behavior of the person and learning disabilities.
- The Neuropsychologists also evaluate how the functions impact on different disorders like multiple sclerosis, Down’s syndrome, brain tumors, Seizures, ADHD and acquired brain injuries.
- The Neuropsychologists undergo extensive training for understanding multiple complexities and disorders as well as issues that are involved in the field.
- The Neuropsychologists evaluate the test reports that support in diagnosing childhood as well as adult neurological conditions.
- The test results would establish the graph of the current functioning which can be used for assessing the progress of the surgical, pharmacological and rehabilitation efforts.
It is essential to seek evaluation from Clinical Neuropsychologists so that they would help in resolving the issues and recover the health condition.
If you are searching for trustworthy Neuropsychologists, visit Nanavati Hospital! Here, there are highly qualified and compassionate Neuropsychologists who are ever ready to serve you!