Spine, one of the most crucial bone structure of our body is generally taken for granted by many people. This well packed and aligned chain of bones is the reason why we can stand, walk, pull up loads and perform our routine tasks effectively. Although spine is one of the strongest components of our bones based body structure, it is also one of the most wear and tear prone asset which once gets damaged, is really hard to recover to its original state.
In the present instance of humanity, people are just running tirelessly to fulfill their dreams and achieving their goals by taking their body to its extreme. We stress our body carelessly which puts in adverse effects on our body parts. Improper sitting and working gestures, careless driving and working, endless activities and unhealthy foods are some of the key factors that affect our body organs, specifically the spine which is responsible to make us sit and stand throughout our activities. Our sitting postures and extremely soft cushions and mattresses makes the position even worse and results in misalignment and high damage to the spinal bones. This all results in regular and occasional pains affecting our routines and making us dependent on painkiller drugs and injections.
Although, many spinal pains can be taken care of by the primary care physicians through normal medications, exercises and occasional cortisone injections, for the patients not responding to these nonoperative treatments, surgery may only be the best option.
Surgery, a word that brings in a feeling of fear in our minds, is a normal practice of resolving body dysfunctionalities in short sittings. But risks involved in the processes should not be taken for granted.
When it comes to spinal surgeries, there are several risks that should be taken care of like:
- Anesthesia Complications, especially during general anesthesia that makes you sleep completely and even breathing process is taken care of by special machines and monitors.
- Application of anesthesia and other surgical activities may affect your lungs resulting in breathing problems and slower healing due to lack of adequate supply of oxygen to the affected body tissues.
- Breakage or misalignment of artificial components like metal screws, plates, rods etc.
- Injured nerves that stretch through the spinal cord to the our nervous system, the brain. The results may be as bad as paralysis.
- Extra stress on bones next to the operated ones may become uncontrolled if the surgery was not done carefully.
- Infections that can be as little as infected skin incision to a scaled version including spinal cord and vertebrae.
In addition to these outcomes, there may be several other bad outcomes of a bad spine surgery. Well-educated people take these factors seriously and consult expert doctors, like the ones available in Nanavati Hospital, the place to meet the best spine surgery doctor in Bombay. With the implementation of latest machine and technologies, the hospital has appointed the best spine surgeon in Mumbai who ensures that you get the best our of surgical activity with least or no ill effects on your body of routine life. If you have any spinal pain or injuries, feel free to visit us and consult the doctors.