Hemorrhoid is a condition that almost every pregnant woman experience and needless to say, it is extremely painful and causes a lot of inconvenience. The condition is seen excessively in women, who are in their 3rd trimester. It is the pain they experience while pooping.
In medical terminology, hemorrhoids are explained as the swelling of the veins present in the lowest part of the rectum and the anus. There are cases when hemorrhoids become so engorged that they need surgical intervention. In cases that are not as extreme, they are simply tucked back in the bottom. Everything about hemorrhoids sounds quite nasty, therefore, knowing about them is important to deal with them in a better way.
- It is a common problem: You don’t have to worry over hemorrhoids as doctors say that hemorrhoids are normal. However, their severity can be different in every case and thus may appear shocking to many patients.
- They are inconvenient: Hemorrhoids cause a lot of inconvenience. However, they are not really harmful. But in cases in which you have experienced bleeding because of them, you must discuss this concern with a doctor
- They may not be painful: One thing to remember is that not all hemorrhoids are painful. Hemorrhoids usually form because of straining due to chronic constipation, pregnancy, obesity, or long-distance running. These activities cause the blood vessels in the anal area to dilate and thus the hemorrhoid tissue swells and bleeds. The good news is that they are treatable!
- There are of two main types – Hemorrhoids can developed internally or extenaly. External hemorrhoids occur near the anal opening, and are covered by the skin. They do have nerves and this means that they can experience itch, pain, and burning.
The internal hemorrhoids lie inside the anal canal. This type of hemorrhoids can’t be seen or felt by hand and they aren’t covered with the skin. This means that the person suffering with them doesn’t feel any symptoms. However, they might bleed and can even fall out of the anus.
- Constipation is the primary cause of Hemorrhoids: Hemorrhoids usually occur because of constipation as it puts strain and pressure on the anal area. Treating constipation can help find relief from hemorrhoids.
- Check on the time that you spend in the toilet: Spending a lot of time on the toilet seat puts pressure on the hemorrhoid tissue and makes them swell. So it is best to limit time on the toilet.
- Hemorrhoid cream may not help: Doctors say that the creams don’t help a lot of people to ease hemorrhoids. The irritation and pain can be relieved by using warm water to frequently clear your anal area.
- Consumption of spices do not form/aggravate hemorrhoids: Most people blame the problem on eating spicy food! However, spicy foods don’t cause hemorrhoids.
- Unhygienic toilets aren’t the real issues: People usually blame their hemorrhoids on the use unhygienic toilets at public places or hotels. However, it is not true.
Nanavati Hospital in Mumbai is equipped with state-of-the-art equipments and medical experts to provide the best medical care in the whole country.