Imagine your newly born baby waking up one day and asking for the food of their choice? Trust me; you can only imagine that but in real that is not going to happen. You have to figure it out on your own that what you should feed your baby with. Baby food should be chosen with high care. You never know what food will make your baby go all ‘poopy’. Figuring out the right food while at home is still not a major challenge but once served the same challenge with travelling alongside will make it deadly and difficult, especially for all the new moms out there.
For all the new mommies out there, are you planning on travelling with your babies soon? Worried about what food to carry? It’s not that complex as it seems. We are here to assist you and help you pack your baby’s bag.
Before considering any food you must first make sure what stage is your baby in.
Travelling with stage 1 baby: (0 to 4 months)
Stage 1 is easiest on food and most difficult on handling the newbie. But right now we will look into the food that can be carried:
- Milk or warm milk in a thermos: Apart from the breast feeding the only thing that you can feed your baby with is milk from natural sources. Carry lukewarm milk in a thermos along with a baby bottle.
- Baby formula: Baby formula can be a substitute for breast milk. Carry it along with lukewarm water in a thermos.
Travelling with stage 2 baby: (4 to 6 months)
Stage 2 babies are very fussy with foods. Since they have already started their cereal and vegetable diet, it becomes even more difficult while travelling with them. Few basic and easy things that you can carry are:
- Single grain cereals: Stage 1 cereals that are available in market are properly packed and are easy to carry. They don’t even create a mess.
- Lukewarm water in thermos: For the preparation of cereal lukewarm water can be a substitute of breast milk.
- Baby formula: Yet again, the baby formula has a multipurpose. It can be fed with the cereal or can be fed directly to the baby.
Travelling with stage 3 baby: (6-8 months)
Stage 3 babies are easier as they can eat almost everything, though in puree form. Since puree has come into picture so it becomes a bit tacky while travelling but it is manageable. Some easy to carry foods are:
Strained fruit: It can be carried in a seal packed container but not for a long time. For short trips it is the best option.
Cereals: The first choice for babies and mommies. Easy to carry and yummy to eat! For stage 3 babies multi grain cereals are preferred.
Pureed vegetable: Again for short trips, it can be used as an option. It is healthy and tummy filling at the same time.
Travelling with stage 4 baby: (8 months and above)
Travelling with stage 4 babies is a complete bliss. They are cute and can eat almost anything. So pack any of the below:
Mashed potatoes: Add a little bit of spice in it and carry it along. It is one of the trending dishes of the baby world.
Boiled meat or boiled potatoes: Rich in protein and easiest to carry. Even you can grab a spoon from your baby’s box (*wink*).
Cocoon Hospital is Best Hospital In Jaipur For Delivery Contact us for any Query .